Today is AUTHORPRENEUR THURSDAY! What that means is, this is the day that I spend time sharing tips and resources for Authors.
I have a friend who owns, ZLS Publishing, a publishing company in New York. She posts author tips everyday, but today there was a conversation on her page that prompted me to drop this in a blog and send it out (because 140 characters is just not enough to communicate my point).
Long and short of it, ZLS shared a blog on her page called , “You Wrote It, But Can You Promote it!” To which, someone replied “No funds to do….”. Immediately, I thought about a show I did a few years back called “How to Give Yourself a Raise” and shared it on her page as a resource.
This also made me reflect on the numerous conversations I’ve had with people over the years who always use money as the excuse for “not getting started”. So I just wanted to drop this audio back in to circulation as a resource for those who may be financially challenged and it’s preventing them from moving forward.
Yes, this information is for anyone, not just authors. So those of you are are seeking more funds take a look at your checkbook first. You just might find that you have the ability to actually give yourself a raise based on your current income level. So the next time you find yourself saying, “but I don’t have the money!” Pull up this blog and take a listen because, I bet you do!
Are you an author looking for “Author Resources”?
Check out the Books Are A Business™ Kit
Comments are closed
- Do Your Work: An Open Assessment of Tory Johnson
- What’s Your Personal Development Plan?
- Give Yourself A Raise! (Don’t Have the Money, I Bet You Do!)
- Donation vs. Sponsorship…what’s the big difference?
- Workplace Equality for Women (panel discussion re-cap)
- UPDATE: Rhonda A. Lee fired TWICE in 11 months.
- The Waiter is Wrong, The Pastor is Wrong…But is Applebee’s?
- Hair today, Gone Tomorrow…was it worth it Rhonda Lee?
- Setting Prices As A New Entrepreneur
- What’s printed is what’s preferred!